The moon over Lincoln Park in Chicago, Illinois.
- Under the Skin
- Nymphomaniac Parts 1 & 2
- Blue is the Warmest Color
- Boyhood (Friday January 16, 2015)
- The Imitation Game (Wednesday January 20, 2015) [Theater]
- The Interview (Sunday January 25, 2015)
- Birdman (Tuesday February 3, 2015)
- Coherence (Sunday February 8, 105)
- Terminator 2 (Wednesday February 11, 2015)
- Edge of Tomorrow (Monday February 16, 2015)
- The Theory of Everything (Wednesday February 25, 2015)
- The Hunger Games: Mockingjay - Part 1 (First week of March 2015)
- Going Clear (Monday April 28, 2015)
- Horn (Monday April 28, 2015)
- Avengers: Age of Ultron 3D (Thursday May 4, 2015)
- In A World (Friday May 8, 2015)
- Wetlands (Monday May 11, 2015)
- Mad Max: Fury Road 3D (Wednesday May 20, 2015)
- A Girl Walks Home At Night (Tuesday June 2, 2015)
- Jurassic World (Sunday June 14, 2015)
- Ex Machina (Friday June 19, 2015)
- Fast and Furious 7 (August 21, 2015)
- John Wick (September 13, 2015)
- Welcome to Me (September 14, 2015)
- The Sting (September 17, 2015)
- Dumber and Dumber To (September 19, 2015)
- The Martian 3D (October 1, 2015)
- Nightmare on Elm Street (1984) (October 11, 2015)
- Wild (October 12, 2015)
- Steve Jobs (October 16, 2015)
- Sinister (October 17, 2015) - Didn't finish. Finished October 26.
- The Awakening (October 19, 2015)
- Charade (October 22, 2015) - Fell asleep.
- Trainwreck (October 26, 2015)
- Lucy (December 13, 2015)
iPhone Magic Wand + Pixelmator miniaturize + Camera+ Ansel Adams filter
I took this last night in Humboldt Park while playing kickball with friends. What a beautiful sky we've been having lately.
Heading back to Chicago on the Amtrak I made this short video of the sunset.
I made some experimental videos today.
Here's another Hyperlapse video I have created. This time Critical Mass Chicago of August 2014 is the subject. Biking around Chicago was an amazing time with such a large group of mostly-positive people.
It's a bit shaky due to my iPhone 5 only being mounted with a Joby GorillaPod and a Glif+. Also, the Hyperlapse was processed at 8x, but I then doubled that speed when editing it together in iMovie. This reduces the amount of stabilization that Hyperlapse automatically provides. It was a sacrifice I chose to make in order to get the video to be of a reasonable length. Without the 2x speed increase in iMovie, the video would have been well over 10 minutes long.
Sidenote: does anyone know of any better iPhone mounts out there for handlebars that will allow for video to be recorded?
Instagram released an interesting new app the other day called Hyperlapse. It's a clean app, with only one button to record. I hooked up my Joby Gorillapod for iPhone to my Surly's handlebars and hoped for the best after hitting play. While the ride was very bumpy, Hyperlapse performed admirably. I chose to have it play back the video at 10x normal play speed to compress the nearly 30 minutes of video into approximately two minutes. Check out the video below and let me know what you think.
You can also get a great overview of Hyperlapse from Instagram's blog here.
I'm very excited to see The Royal Tenenbaums and The Life Aquatic on the big screen again.
Happy New Year!
While driving out of Chicago on June 21 to head to my good friend Brittiney's wedding at Camp Wokanda (pictures coming soon), I took Highway 39 south and was being chased by this massive storm front the whole way. The air was cold instantly and the wind was very strong. Eventually, I stopped in Lacon to grab something to eat. There it started hailing and the streets flooded instantly. Quite a lot of power behind these ominous clouds.
I rode out to the lakefront with my buddy Jeff on Monday, June 17, 2013 and we hung out to watch the weird weather. We encountered a lot of awesome sights that day, rolling lightning clouds, rains surrounding us to the north and south but just missing us, huge waves of sand being blown in the wind and most impressively, a double rainbow. I had my iPhone 5 with me and experimented with some time lapse video using my GorillaPod, Glif+ and an app called iLapse. I also had a lot of photos taken. Check it out below.
Shot and edited on an iPhone 5 using Camera and Camera+.
August 31, 2012